Each year 90 children are admitted into our Reception Year Group – 30 per class.
You will receive an application booklet in the autumn from the Birmingham City Council, entitled ‘How to Start Your Child at School in Birmingham’. Applications are made directly to the Education Authority (LEA).Applying online is encouraged – Apply online for ‘Beeches Infant School’
For Reception intake there is an Open Morning during the Autumn Term for all those parents and their children who are thinking of applying for a place at our school for the following September.
Children are admitted to schools in accordance with parental preference as far as possible. Should there be more applications than places then places for the Reception Class will be allocated on the following priority order:
- Looked after children (in public care).
- Siblings with an older brother/sister already in school who will still be in attendance at the time the sibling enters school.
- Siblings (brothers and sisters) are considered to be those children who live at the same address and either:
- i. have one or both parents in common; or
- ii. are related by a parent’s marriage; or
- iii. are adopted or fostered by a common parent.
- Children who live nearest the school.